Monday, June 7, 2010

Saturday night and Sunday

I'm posting this from my itouch because I didn't know we'd be stopping at quick burger so I don't have my laptop...apologies in advance if my typing is off.

So saturday night Guillome took us all to a pub in town. It was fun, we all gotto know each other more and some French people talked to us. They were from the military, one had just gotten back from Afghanistan that day! They were from marseille so they ordered a drink that is a specialty in their region an has us try it, it tasted like liquid black licorice...yuck! It was so fun to talk to them. I love using my French! The pub closed at 1:30 and after using my French to track down one guy in our group (who was drunk) we were all talking outside the pub and these two girls came over and almost cried with joy when they found out we are American. Just think of the most dramatic 13 year old girl meeting the guy from twilight or something...ridiculous! We talked to them some and then went home.

Yesterday we had to be up at 9 to go to a cheese factory. It was cool, we saw goats too (pics on photo bucket). Then we wet to the most beautiful lake in Annecy. We just hung out in the town for the day, got some sun :-) it was a lot of fun. But oh my gosh the bathroom I had to use at the lake wasn't even real. It was seriously a porcelain hole in the ground...disgusting but it was necessary so I used it, th other girls decided they didn't need the bathroom THAT bad...

Last night me and Anna just made dinner and hung out with her neighbor (a guy in the program). It's so fun being here and meeting people, like freshman year orientation all over again! Haha, well we're off, I'll write more later...

1 comment:

  1. I could have warned you about those so called "bathrooms", takes a bit of getting used to :o) Sounds like you are having a great time. Take care.
    Kristin

    ReplyDelete