Friday, June 18, 2010

Edible Arrangements

So today was another good (yet sadly rainy) day. We had class and it was again not so exciting, It was a Bruno day. It started off pretty good. We all gave mini presentations about our states. It was like a refresher from 4th grade. Then the rest of the class was just brutal, nothing too interesting at all, it was really hard to focus.

After class we had lunch and then we had out atelier today. Today it was fun, we were in the kitchen making tarts and then carving veggies. It was pretty sweet, the tarts taste delicious! The carving was a little more difficult, I was trying to not cut myself again (and succeeded). We were basically cutting veggies into flowers, and I learned something really cool too (maybe I'll try to do it again in the states). So basically today I learned that if my internship at PricewaterhouseCoopers doesn't work out, I can always head for a career at Edible Arrangements.



The atelier lasted until a little after four so we didn't have too much time (we decided to meet to go to the pub for the France game at 6:30, thinking it would be more crowded tonight, this game matter more). Anna, Jeffrey, Michael, and I went to the train store to look into getting tickets to Italy for a day trip next weekend. Unfortunately the train store's computer system wasn't working so we then had to go to the train station. There wasn't any convenient times for Saturday so we're going to rethink it and see if we want to stay the night or just try to go somewhere else. We'll see...

We had a little time to relax and then at 6:30 it was off to the pub! (2 hours early...) While waiting for the match to start, Jeffery and I planned out the weekend in Paris.  I’m SO excited!!! We’re going to get a two day museum pass and get in all the major touristy things this weekend.  Then when Anna and I come back in July before flying home we can just chill and smell the roses (or maybe the dog poop, our prof told us it’s worse there than it is here!)  Right now we have planned: the Eiffel Tower, The Louvre, Museé d’Orsay, Versailles, Les Champs Elysées, L’Arc de Triomphe, Sacre Coeur, Notre Dame, Sainte Chappelle, and Le Centre Pompidou.  As well as a service at the Hillsong church in Paris on Sunday morning.  I’m so excited, greatest weekend ever coming up!

France ended up losing the match, but it's ok because we're American, I hope we win tomorrow.  My brave roommate is from Mexico and was wearing her Mexico jersey at the pub tonight.  She was pleased with the results.  I'm a little bummed, I thought Europeans were supposed to be good at futbol?
Everything about this experience has been amazing.  I absolutely love my friends here and it hasn't even been 2 weeks, I can't imagine what it's going to be like to leave, super weird.  God has been good to us and nothing bad has happened to this point (except dog poop, but if that's the worst I'll take it!).  

France is still great (except at futbol), I'm still having the time of my life!

No comments:

Post a Comment