Sunday, June 6, 2010

Backtrack to Thursday...

I forgot to post on Thursday! Actually I knew I didn't, I was just tired and didn't feel like typing up everything. We went to Lyon. We got there at like 9:30 and nothing was really open so we just sat on a park bench and chilled for a little bit. Then the stores started to open so we went in and looked at some stuff. Anna bought a ring and necklace. It's funny, in the french equivalent of a forever 21 or wet seal they play all American music. It's the cool thing to do...

After a little bit of that we set off walking along a road that Joy had recommended. It ran into several squares that each had a fountain or statue and beautiful buildings surrounding them. We wanted to get pictures of us so we'd look for an older person, or someone with a kid, or one time we asked a girl with SUPER high heels to take our picture, I figured she wouldn't get far with our camera...

We went over from that road to walk along the river and bought a baguette to share from a boulangerie. Then we crossed the river on a foot bridge and set off to see fourvière. It's up on a hill and JOy told us a bus could take us there but we couldn't find the bus so we climbed up SO many stairs. Seriously 15-20 minutes of straight stairs. But when we got to the top the view was worth it (see pictures on photobucket).

We continued over a little ways to the Roman Ruins and saw that, it was so cool. It's crazy to think that it has been around for so long. We then walked back down and looked for somewhere to eat. At one place we check out the guy talked to us and said we looked Italian (probably because Anna is always SO tan looking and I was fairly tan). We crossed back over the river to find a better place and sat at another square for a while. We found a café to eat lunch and ordered some wraps and then had some ice cream for dessert :-)

We continued walking... We saw 'la bourse', the chamber of commerce building, and Anna took a picture of me in front of that. Then we did a little more shopping, I bought a shirt and Anna bought some shoes. At the shoe place they were very excited to talk to Americans. When I say I'm from New York people assume the city and I just don't have the energy to try to explain in French that I don't live in the city. I just let them be excited, I mean it is where I flew out of last week...

We were pooped when we got home. Joy had made another delicious dinner. We ate, showered and slept.



I'm being told that we're leaving the Quick burger so I'll write about last night and today later, pictures are already up. Everything is great, I love it here!

No comments:

Post a Comment