Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Is it really going to be July next week?

Happy Wednesday!

I love Wednesdays, especially when I’m in school. Once they’re over the week just flies right on by and the weekend just shows up before we know it. Today was a long day of class. We had the usual 9-12:30, and then an atelier at 1:30. Luckily he let us out at 3:30 (I think they go til 4 usually) so we had time to walk to the pub (O’Cardinals, where we ALWAYS go for futbol) for the US game. Yesterday my roommate asked one of the bartenders which game they’d be playing today, the US or England, and he told her the US…there’s a lot of Algerians in France and we’re always there too so it just worked out.



What a game! I don’t know who got to watch it but we were there for the whole, long, painful thing. Ugh that first goal should have counted. And then there was this obnoxious man in the bar who kept yelling “Allez Alergie!” (Go Algeria!). I wanted to give a piece of my mind because it was just so random and annoying! But I just didn’t think I could do that as effectively in French as I can in English, and I don’t make it a habit to yell at strangers, so I kept my mouth shut. And then I was SO happy when we FINALLY scored…what’s up now Algeria? I jokingly said we should go back to Paris and find all the obnoxious Algerians who were yelling and cheering when their team tied at 0, hmmmmm. So the US is moving on and the world cup is still exciting! Yeaaaa! We met another French guy at the bar today. He was wearing an American flag bandana and was sitting by the tables we always occupy. He’s a middle school teacher in Chambéry and lived in the US for two years, in Maine and Michigan. It was cool, I love getting to talk to people in French!

After the game we came back and ate, and tonight was another just relaxing night. I think we’re all getting tired out from constantly going that we just don’t have energy to go out every night to Mojito or wherever else some of the group goes. Me, Jeffrey, Brooke, Hope, and Michael watched How I Met Your Mother again, we just can’t get enough of it. And now I’m just relaxing before 11:30ish when I can skype with Matt for a few before bed.

I’m excited for the rest of the week! The weather’s supposed to be nice and tomorrow we’re going to the lake and Friday we’re finally going canyoning! And Saturday Anna and I are using our Eurail passes to make a day trip to Marseilles :-)

Everything here is still great. Every night when I just think back on the day I just realize again and again how blessed I am to have this experience. My friends here are awesome, and looking at us you’d think there is definitely no way we’ve known each other for less than three weeks, I feel like we’ve known each other way longer than that. It’s great and I’m really sad to think about leaving them, but that’s not for a little over 3 weeks.
Bon Soir!

No comments:

Post a Comment