Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Mardi


Today was a good day!  The weather was absolutely beautiful and class didn’t drag by too much.  I didn’t get a ton of sleep last night so it was a little rough, but considering it all I handled the day very well.  I figure that I should just do whatever and be with everyone because in a week and a half that will no longer be an option :-( I seriously get emotional every time I think about that, so we all decided to ignore it for now.
Anna and I got up early to go to the market to get our food for the week.  I forgot to write this last week, but one of the guys who sells his vegetables at the market knows us.  He saw us coming last week and I heard him say to his wife (in French)”here are the Americans,” before coming over to greet us.  It’s cool.  And the man at the train store knows us because we’ve gone in there a bunch to make reservations for traveling.  It’s cool.
 
After class we had some free time so we went shopping for a bit and then met Gillaume at 3 to play petanque.  It’s a French game that is basically bocce ball, there is no real difference, except that each team gets 5 balls.  There were three teams and the game took a while, my team didn’t end up winning but we didn’t end up losing either, not bad for four girls who didn’t really care…
 
We then headed to KFC for dinner.  They all had wanted to go there on the 4th of July (because it’s American) but they told us the bus never came so they couldn’t.  Today everyone’s hopes were granted and we ate fastfood with free refills on drinks…but not diet pepsi, I miss that stuff. 
When we got back we hung out for a while, some people went running while the rest of us continued to hang out, and then I watched a movie with Mike and Michael.  A nice relaxing day, but I had a lot of fun hanging out with everyone some more.  I can’t believe we’ve only been friends less than 5 weeks, I know I write that a lot but it’s truly baffling.  I don’t remember not being friends with everyone here!
Tomorrow we have a full day of class, morning and afternoon, but I’m sure we’ll make it great after :-) It’s bedtime!

No comments:

Post a Comment