Tuesday, July 6, 2010

:-)

Every day I love this more and more.  Ahh!  Today I was telling a couple of my friends that I just love everything that we're getting to do.  We're honestly living the life.  Yes, we get up for class at 9 AM every day, but starting at 12:30 we have the days free to do whatever, and we're in Europe!  And on a lot of days there are sweet activities organized for us that I wouldn't be doing at home.  And as an added plus, I can't remember the last time I was this tan!  My summers are usually spent working so I don't have time to just be outside, everything it just great!

Today was great again.  After class we went to the train station to go canoeing.  It was a lot of fun.  And beautiful.  I got a single canoe, it was just easier to not worry about someone else, but on the lake I was with at least one other person.  I had brought my camera in a ziplock bag to protect it from stray water and then was SUPER careful not to tip my boat.  It worked out just fine, and the scenery was simply gorgeous.  I sure don't see mountains like this in Syracuse or Chicago!  We played volleyball too before and after canoeing, it was a lot of fun.  The group here is just so great.  It's such an interesting mix of people but I love them all and I don't know if I have ever laughed as much or as hard as I have while being in France with these wonderful people.  It's weird to think we'll be saying goodbye next week.  I'm never one to get too sad about goodbyes, I think I've only cried while saying bye to Matt, but I'm pretty sure this will be a sad goodbye, with tears involved.  The good thing is that most of our better friends who we're around a lot are all at school in the midwest (except Mike....he's in Cali) so I'm sure we'll see the ones we're going to miss the most another time.



After canoeing we went to the grocery store and then made some dinner, we need to get more veggies at the market tomorrow.  Then we hung out and then got ready to go out.  The thing I love about being here is that it's easy to find reasons to wear my dresses.  It's great!  We went to Mojito and saw Javo and some of his French friends (a few of them were the ones Anna met last week).  We sat down and talked to them for a while.  It was SO fun!  I was just laughing and enjoying it all.  One of the guys lived in the US for a year and he just loves that we're from America.  I spoke to him in French and he asked if it was ok if he speaks to me in English, he said he only has a little over a week until his piece of America leaves, haha!  And I met his friend Stefan, he's the one who works at PricewaterhouseCoopers in Lyon.  He's a junior consultant there.  We hung out and before I knew it my watch said 1 AM!  Anna and Hope wanted to stay and dance but I was getting tired and still had hw, and luckily Michael was tired too so I had someone to walk back with.  I just don't understand how people can function on such little sleep.  Maybe if we could sleep in but I just can't focus in class if I'm up late every night.  On our way home we ran into another group of people in our program and they were just going out.  They tried to get us to come back with them but it just wasn't realistic, and those people do that kind of thing almost every night, I don't get it.  We have big plans for Thursday night though, as my roommate said "we won't sleep until 6 in the morning!"  haha, it'll be good. 



But now I'm doing this instead of my hw...oops.  I guess I should go do that.  There's not too much scheduled for this week activity-wise, but we're planning to make it great!

2 comments:

  1. danielle, i am so so happy that you're having such a good time in france. it really is awesome to be abroad, to see different styles of living life and see beautiful things that you have never imagined before. and breaking the language barrier is pretty cool, too. :)
    your blog is so great. you're making me want to visit france and follow your footsteps step for step! :)
    hope the rest of your trip is just as great. miss you!

    ReplyDelete