Friday, July 16, 2010

Goodbyes...

The past two days have been great!  I don't even remember what exactly we all did, but we've all just been hanging out together.  Very little sleep, lots of hanging out and good times.  We considered another all nighter Wednesday night, then thought about a sleepover, but then we all just hung out til 4 and went to our own rooms for a little sleep before class on Thursday.  Thursday morning I woke up at 8:37 to the sound of my buzzer.  We usually meet to walk to school at 8:30.  I guess I missed my alarm...I got dressed in record speed and ran out the door to meet everyone.  We had our final 20 minute hike up to school.  It was bittersweet, possibly the only thing I won't miss about this trip, but it was still a last and a reminder we won't be here anymore. 

In class we had an easy day, and  Sabine was our prof for the day :-)  We got some grades back.  The grading system here is way different than in the US.  It's out of 20 but apparently it's really hard to get an 18, and a 12 is considered good.  I'm hoping whoever translates my grades at school knows that too.  We got our reading comprehension back that we did last Friday, the one that I was struggling so hard to focus on at the time...I got an 18!! my other grades were all decent too and the four sections average into a little over a 16...which we decided is like and A in America...at least I hope!

Anna, Jeffrey, and Me with on of our teachers :-)

After class they had a farewell drink for us and then we all parted ways for a little while to get some things done.  Some people went out for Indian food for Laura's birthday, Anna, Hope, Yvonne, Brooke, and I went to the train station to buy train tickets.  Ugh it's so sad.  We got everything we needed without any issues and then we went to help Brooke buy a phone.  Then we all just went to our rooms for a little bit and packed and stuff.  Hope and I went to the jewelery store at some point and then met up with everyone else a little after.  We all hopped from room to room and hung out.  It was good just hanging out and being together.  We all had a picnic at 8:30 in the park.  We played frisbee and hung out.  Then I went to get Kebabs with Brooke, Jeffrey, Mike, and Michael.  It was good, I hadn't had one the entire trip (which is amazing because people get them all the time because they're so cheap).   I wasn't too hungry so Jeffrey split one with me.  It was delicious!

 Mike and Jeffrey

After that we stopped back at the park and then went back to our apartments.  We got ready and hung out some more and then we went to Mojito at midnight-ish.  We hung out, danced, and enjoyed eachother for one last night.  A bunch of people went to the club around 2 but I left with Jeffrey, Brooke, Michael, and Mike and we just hung out in Michael's room til the morning (except Jeffrey, he decided to go to sleep in his room...).  At 5:30 we left to bring Mike to the bus stop.  But when we got there we found out that he gets his numbers mixed up and his bus didn't actually leave until 7...so we sat outside and waited with him.


After that we all took naps of some sort and then Anna, Jeffrey, Hope, Hope's mom, Michael, and I went for lunch together.  We went to this burger place and it was SO good :-) They gave us so much food, it was like we were already back in America.  After that we hung out just a little more and then it was a massive group trip to the train station/bus stop.  Anna and I took a 4:01 train while Michael and Liz were getting on a 4:00 bus.  A bunch of other people came to see us off...ugh it was rough.  After hugging goodbye several times we parted ways.  I hated it.  It's not like saying goodbye to people at home or at school, because in those situations we know that we'll be together again, and we usually have a pretty good idea as to when that is.  All I know is that I can't wait until my birthday, everyone's coming to visit Chicago and it will be amazing :-)

Anna and I struggled to get our bags through the train station.  We have so much stuff, I forgot how miserable it was to travel with all our bags.  Other than that we had a pretty easy trip back to Mark and Joy's.  We met a man on the train from the US and talked to him for a little while.  Joy picked us up from the train station and brought us back to their house.  We talked to her while she made an AMAZING dinner and now we're just relaxing, bed time is soon.  We have a busy day tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment